Firemen from the Edo Fire Service in Benin on Wednesday salvaged the house of a member of the House of Representatives, Omosede Igbinedion, from what would have been a fire disaster.
NAN reports that thick smoke engulfed the duplex, located at the Government Reserve Area of the Edo State capital.
Some domestic staff and sympathisers, however, battled to contain the fire which was said to have sparked off from an air conditioner in one of the bedrooms.
NAN reports that the firefighters, however, responded promptly to the distress call and the fire was immediately brought under control.
The building was reportedly given to Omosede as a wedding gift from her father, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, the Esama of Benin Kingdom.
(NAN) SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇