BREAKING NEWS

Metro

World

Spiritual

15 Nov 2018

Tragedy As Amala Kills Four Family Members In Kwara State

Four members of a family in Ilorin have been feared dead after eating `amala’ meal, suspected to be poisonous.

The incident happened at Magaji-Ogo community behind Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies, in Ilorin West Local Government Area.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that four others who took from the meal, had also been hospitalised at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH).

A source told NAN that the victims took the meal on Sunday night before three of them were found dead the following morning.

According to him, the fourth casualty, who was the head of the family, died on Wednesday.

“Those feared dead are the family head, his sister and two children, while those recuperating in the hospital are the mother and three other children.

“The corpses of the deceased had been buried in accordance with Islamic rite. They were eight that took the meal.

“Though we are not sure yet of the cause of death, the meal was taken alongside amphibian and there is a suspicion that they died of poisoning.

“Officials from the state Ministry of Health were in the community to take samples of the meal for test but nothing was yet to be said of the findings,’’ the source said.

Dr Oluwatosin Fakayode, Director, Public Health and Disease Control in the state Ministry of Health, also confirmed the incident.

He, however, said that the ministry was yet to identify the cause of the “ugly and unfortunate occurrence.”

Fakayode told NAN that samples from the meal were taken for laboratory investigation, which would be out within the next 24 hours.

“As it stands, it is difficult to say the cause until the result is out.

“However, we are definite that it is food poison because of the symptoms, but we are not sure of the food item that is culpable.

“We learnt they took these amphibian that they hawk around with it. So we are not sure if it is the source of the death because some of them are poisonous.

“Though we have not identified the culprit in terms of whether it is organism or chemical, definitely, it is a symptom of food poison.

“But our suspicion is the amphibian. It could be preservatives that were used on the items that were used for the meal,’’ he said.

SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW ⬇

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇

Loading...

SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO

RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE

RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian