BREAKING NEWS

Metro

World

Spiritual

27 Jul 2018

How A 16-Year-Old Boy Got Electrocuted While Playing Football In Abia

A mere 16-year-old boy has died after he got electrocuted while he was playing football with his friends in Abia state.

According to a report by Vanguard, Umokahia  community, Obingwa council area, Abia State, was thrown into mourning Thursday, as a teenage boy, who was playing football with his mates, was electrocuted at 5p.m.

An eyewitness, Tochukwu, told Vanguard that the victim, aged 16, hailed from Ohafia in Ohafia council area.

According to Tochukwu, “the boy was playing football with his mates when the ball rolled into a drainage. He jumped into the channel, but didn’t know that a live electric wire had fallen inside, which electrocuted him.

“The next thing I saw was his body shaking and then he suddenly went cold dead. His mates were only shouting and crying as he died.

“Everyone was afraid to do anything. It was so sudden. It was later that we discovered that a plantain leaf covered the naked wire in the drainage. Part of the wire was touching the waterlogged area close to the football pitch.”

Efforts to confirm the incident from the Abia State Police spokesman, DSP Geoffrey Ogbonna, were unsuccessful at press time.

SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW ⬇

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇

Loading...

SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO

RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE

RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian