The monarch is fingering one Prophet Oluwambe Ojagbohunmi as the mastermind of the alleged assassination attempt.
The monarch, who spoke through the community chiefs led by the Principal secretary of the community, Prince Dele Kudehinbu alleged that Ojagbounmi had carried out two assassination attempt on the monarch.
The community disclosed that Ojagbohunmi’s supporters, under the guise of “prayer warriors,” attacked the monarch on January 3 and 11, 2018, leading to massive destruction of properties few days before the annual Founder’s Day anniversary of the community.
The chiefs alleged that the last attack on Oba Ajijo led to wanton destruction, saying one Mr. Olu Obolo sustained gunshot and was still receiving treatment at General Hospital, Igbokoda.
Obolo, the community said, was shot by the prayer warriors who were shooting sporadically at the king’s palace.
Recounting their experiences, the Principal Secretary of the community, Dele Kudehinbu, said the crisis began after the demise of the last Ogeleyinbo, Oba Gad Asogbon on February 13, 2015.
Kudehinbu said the Ogeleyinbo-in-Council assumed the status of regency council to oversee the affairs of the theocratic community, forming an 25-member advisory council which included Ojagbohunmi.
“Unknown to the council, Oluwambe Ojagbohunmi was going round to seek for support as the new oba and the spiritual head of the church.
“On the 7th August 2015, a new oba and spiritual head of the church was appointed by the Ogeloyinbo-in-Council in accordance with our tradition of appointing a new oba and spiritual head of the church,” he said.
He claimed that Ojagbohunmi and his prayer warrior group have been fomenting trouble in the community, destroying properties and valuables worth millions of naira.
“Their main complain is that the appointing body, the Ogeloyinbo-in-Council did not follow the due process of selecting an oba and spiritual head of the church,” he said.
Kudehinbu said the security agencies arrested 20 people, who ran to Ajijo’s palace for safety while those who masterminded the attacks were spared by the police and naval officers.
But the Chairman of Ayetoro Youth Congress, Ajinde Iretolu, refuted all the allegations against Ojagbohunmi and the people of the community, saying Ajijo invited hoodlums to disrupt the Founder’s Day Anniversary.
Iretolu urged the whole world to disregard Ajijo and his unfounded allegations, describing the Ogeleyinbo-in-Council loyal to Ajijo as fake and illegal.
He said, “They are the ones destroying our community. They have no stake but to steal, plunder and amass our resources for selfish interests.
“It was Ajijo who brought hired assassins and hoodlums from Lagos State and Igbokoda, about 20 of them, to attack, stab and maim our people.
“As I am talking to you, over 30 people were seriously injured by the hoodlums and currently receiving treatment across the area. One of them also snatched the rifle of the mobile police posted here to maintain peace.
“They ran back to Ajijo’s house to evade arrest when they knew that the community had called the naval base in Igbokoda,” he said.
The youth leader noted that the community was not fighting Ajijo but that they would continue to reject him as the Ogeleyinbo of the community because his ascension to the throne was in contradiction to their custom and tradition.
“We reject Micah Olaseni Ajijo, but solidly declare our support for Oluwambe Ojagbohunmi as the Alakoso of Ayetoro community. He represents the development and progress we yearn for in Ayetoro community,” he said.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Femi Joseph, confirmed the arrest of the 20 people in Ayetoro community, adding that they had been charged to court.
Joseph stated that the police had begun investigation into the matter, assuring that those who are fomenting troubles in the coastal community would be arrested and prosecuted accordingly. THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>