|The 'Cobra King'|
It seems that Elies’s mistake was ingesting the blood. Cobras are extremely poisonous snakes and people in general would be terror-struck if bitten, not to mention dead without immediate treatment.
However, the Cobra King had gotten numerous snake bites over the years and knew how to treat himself. He would not go to the hospital that day, choosing to have a few drinks instead and then head home to sleep it off. It turned out to be his last night on earth: he started foaming at the mouth and going rigid, much to the surprise of his family. Elies was rushed to hospital, but he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The snake whisperer from the Sorsogon province kept his pet cobra in the utility box of his motorbike. On that fatal day, Elies opened the container and the snake bit his left hand. The reptile apparently turned hostile and attacked because its tail was pinched in the box. Whatever the reason, Elies got angry, cut off the snake’s head and gulped down its blood.
The Cobra King’s family still can’t come to grips with his death given the countless number of times he’d been able to treat himself. News of his death and especially the reason for it have also come as a great shock to many in the Philippines.
Elies got his Cobra King title because of his exceptional affinity with all sorts of snakes, discovering his talent at the young age of 15.
He eventually became a household name, with community members seeking him out to get rid of snakes that had sneaked into their homes.
- Oddity Central THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>