BREAKING NEWS

Metro

World

Spiritual

12 Dec 2017

Generator fumes kill two in Edo

The bodies of two middle-aged women have been recovered in a lock-up shop in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
Illustration of generator fumes
The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Johnson Kokumo, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent on the telephone, said that the women died of suspected generator fumes.

“It is true; the story is correct. They died of generator fumes,” Kokumo said.

It was gathered that one of the deceased, said to be a fashion designer and the owner of the shop, Uju Muobuikwu, had invited her, the other victim, to assist her at the shop located on Second East Circular road.

It was also gathered that Muobuikwu had turned on a generator to enable her carry out the task throughout the night and deliver the clothes to her customer in time.

Her brother, Chukwudi, said that he had earlier received a call from his sister on Monday but could not reach her subsequently.

He said, “I got a call from my sister at about 2pm when she complained that her friend was getting weak. I told her to give her anointing oil.

“Minutes later, I put a call to her mobile phone to know the situation of things but she did not pick my call. So, I came here this morning and we invited the police to force the door open and that was it.”

The police commissioner explained that preliminary investigations revealed that the victims inhaled the toxic fumes from the generator.

He, however, said that the command would carry out an enlightenment campaign on the health hazards inherent in the indoor use of generator.

Kokumo explained, “I think they were fashion designers who must have been working all night to, probably, meet up with the demands of their customers this Yuletide.

“Maybe they (deceased) had a lot of things to get done for their customers and slept where the generator was on. So, they eventually died of the fumes of the generator. I think they did not know.”

“We will embark on public enlightenment to enlighten members of the public that it is dangerous to the health.”

SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW ⬇

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇

Loading...

SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO

RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE

RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian