Jibrin, who spoke with our correspondent on Saturday evening in Abuja, said he had reported the matter to security agencies.
He said he had been receiving several calls since last week, with the callers claiming to either be reporters or secretaries to some editors.
Jibrin said the frequency of the calls was affecting his recovery from stroke, which he said afflicted him recently.
He said, “Despite my health condition following my stroke attack, I am now being bombarded with threats on my life coupled with unanimous text messages and calls claiming they are from reputable editors of media houses.
“Such messages which are recorded are a further threat to my recovery. I am a former journalist, I served at the Nigerian Broadcasting Service, Lagos, under Dr. Christopher Kolade and was later transferred to Maiduguri. I am appealing to people to stop spoiling the name of our reputable editors.
“They should not dent the image of these editors who have earned their reputation through hard work. They should stop the threats.
“The evidence of such threats and calls have been fully recorded and submitted to security agencies and the editors being lied against have been informed.”
Jibrin said he was not involved in any business with anyone, wondering why he would be a target of the blackmailers.
He said one of the callers claimed to be a secretary of a PUNCH editor, but said that his investigations showed that the caller was a swindler.
“They are criminals. One of them asked me to give them N10m. Where is the money? For what purpose? I didn’t do business with anyone. They should leave me alone,” he added. THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>