BREAKING NEWS

Metro

World

Spiritual

29 Aug 2017

Igbo quit notice: Why we have not arrested Arewa youths — FG reveals

The Federal Government on Tuesday explained why it has not arrested the Coalition of Northern youths for asking Igbos to vacate the North on October 1.
The Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, said they did not go after sponsors of the quit notice due to the “security implications.”

Malami gave the explanation while addressing a press conference in Abuja.

Recall that the Northern youths had recently ordered Igbos resident in the North to vacate the region on October 1.

However, the group had on Thursday last week announced the withdrawal of the quit notice it issued earlier.

‎Spokesman for the coalition, AbdulAziz Suleiman, said the withdrawal was as a result of series of consultations and pressure from different groups.

THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Loading...

SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO

RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE

RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian