BREAKING NEWS

Metro

World

Spiritual

29 Jan 2018

Man Dies After Getting Sucked Into MRI Machine Inside Hospital

In what will come across as a really shocking development, a man has been killed after being sucked into a Magnetic Resonance Imagining machine.
Illustrative photo: a MRI machine

Rajesh Maru,an Indian reportedly died after he was sucked into a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine in an Indian hospital.

According to The Independent, Rajesh Maru's family claimed that a member of staff at the BYL Nair Charitable Hospital in Mumbai, told him that the machine was switched off, before he walked into the room containing the machine, carrying a metal oxygen tank. 

However, on entry, the 32-year-old was sucked towards it by the MRI's huge magnetic force, which left him no time to loosen his grip on the tank.

His hand was trapped by the cylinder, which burst, triggering a massive oxygen leak, NDTV reported.

Although hospital staff managed to pull his body out of the machine and rush him to an emergency ward, he died within 10 minutes.

A postmortem indicated he had died due to pneumothorax, or a collapsed lung.

“Excessive quantity of oxygen entered his body from the cylinder, which is also harmful. He seemed to have died instantly because of that," a forensic doctor told The Indian Express newspaper.

Mr Maru's family have accused the hospital of negligence and they claim that the staff member told Mr Maru it was fine to carry the oxygen cylinder into the tank.

They allege a member of staff told him it was fine to carry the oxygen cylinder inside the MRI room.

“He went there to visit my ailing mother, but we did not know he would meet such a fate. We all are in shock," Harish Solanki, Mr Maru's brother-in-law,told the ANI news agency.

He added: "It all happened because of the carelessness of hospital's doctors and administration."

Mumbai police have arrested a doctor and a staff member who allegedly told Mr Maru that it was okay to enter the room, and the hospital says it is conducting an investigation.

Devendra Fadnavis, the chief minister of Maharashtra, said the family will receive Rs 5 lakh (£5,570) in compensation.

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How I Made Me =N=2.5 MILLION In 7 Days from 2 Common Product I Imported and how you can do the same. Click HERE FOR FREE Details right now

Warning To Men: This 3 Foods Is Killing Your Erection. Click Here To Know Them

Secret Fruits that increased my Manhood and makes me last 55 minutes+ all time - Click here to get it

Warning: Got Arthritis? 3 Simple Ways To Get Cured And Be Permanently Free From Joint Pains. Click Here To See Them

REVEALED!! Reduce Your Blood Sugar Level And Reverse Diabetics Within A Short Period Of Time. Click Here To See How

MIDNIGHT,Pressed Mr Kilanko Suddenly Couldn't Urinate. Shrink your Enlarged Prostrate Here! Click Here Now

Loading...

SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO

RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE

RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian