According to Telegraph UK, Zinedine Zidane has admitted Real could be in the market for players during the January window and the name of David Luiz has been discussed as a potential defensive target.
The centre-back fell out with Conte after the Champions League draw with Roma at Stamford Bridge, when he was ticked off for his reaction to being substituted.
There were further problems between the pair following the 3-0 defeat in Rome after which Conte conducted a fiery dressing-room inquest.
David Luiz trained alone and was subsequently dropped from the squad for the visit of Manchester United after being perceived to question Conte’s tactics and he also sat out the victory over West Bromwich Albion and the draw with Liverpool, despite being recalled for the Champions League victory over Qarabag last week.
Conte claimed that a knee injury will prevent the defender facing Swansea City at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night and doubts remain over the 30-year-old’s future at the club.
“I can tell you who are the players not available for the Swansea game - it's David Luiz, for a knee problem, and Charly Musonda,” said Conte. “I must be honest, in this moment it's very difficult for me to answer how long David Luiz will be out. It will be up to the doctor to assess the situation very well and then to take the best decision for the player.”
Selling David Luiz in the January window would be a risky move for Chelsea because Conte is already concerned about the depth of his squad. But a deal could be considered if the Blues could find a replacement.
David Luiz, who has a little more than 18 months remaining on his contract, returned to Chelsea from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2016 for £34m and was named in the PFA Team of the Year last season for his contributions to a title-winning campaign.
Meanwhile, Conte has claimed he will wait for owner Roman Abramovich to ask him what Chelsea need to close the gap between themselves and Premier League leaders, Manchester City, rather than making his own January demands.
Conte reiterated his opinion that City are benefiting from a successful summer transfer window, during which Chelsea struggled to land their top targets. The Italian has made it clear that he believes January reinforcements are needed to stop the title race turning into a procession for City, who are 11 points ahead of Chelsea.
Chelsea remain interested in Ross Barkley, who turned down a summer deadline day switch to Stamford Bridge, while Conte is understood to want a new striker and another left wing-back. But asked what he would ask Abramovich for to help Chelsea close ground on City, Conte replied: “I think about this topic, it is better if once my club ask me what I need to catch them up and then I will answer, but in a private way.
“If one day the club try to ask me something about this topic I can give my opinion but at the same time I am very happy to work for this club with these players.” On City’s unbeaten start to the season, Conte said: “They started the season very well without problems and they started the season in an incredible way with only one draw and wins in the League, Champions League and the Carabao Cup.
“But last season Manchester City was one of the best teams and in this summer they worked very well in the transfer market, and now this team is an important team not only for this league but also in Europe.” SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>