According to The Sun UK, the dad also found dozens of eggs while clearing the backyard of his new home at Kirkby on Bain, Lincs on Sunday September 24.
The following day two purple bite marks began to develop on his hand leaving it feeling “like it was on fire”.
The injured man, who does not want to be named, was told by doctors at Boston Pilgrim Hospital he may have been the victim of a dry bite - meaning no venom was released when he was bitten.
He told Lincolnshire Live: “I didn't know I'd been bitten until the next day.
“My hand was really sore in the morning and during the day I had to take my watch off because of the swelling on my wrist.
"They told me to go straight to A&E, who confirmed it was possibly a venomous snake bite.”
The victim, who has a lifelong phobia of snakes, thinks he was probably nipped by an adder.
He was given antibiotics and has since made a full recovery.
He also told of his concerns for his children's’ safety.
It comes days after a pensioner was rushed to hospital suffering convulsions and vomiting after he was bitten by an adder in his back garden in Lincoln.
Ray Peters, 69, said he felt a pain as if he'd been stabbed in his hand as he reached behind a thorn bush for some gardening gravel.
He had been bitten on his right wrist and was left with a red circular mark with five small blisters and two puncture marks. SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>