|A victim of the monkeypox disease|
The announcement was made by the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris at a news conference on Monday. He said that the two suspected cases were currently being investigated in the state.
“Though no confirmed case has been recorded, there is need to sensitise members of the public and provide adequate information on measures for prevention and control of the disease in line with the policy of the State government,” he said.
What to do to avoid the disease
1. Avoiding contact with squirrels, rats and monkeys especially animals that are sick or found dead in areas where monkeypox occurs.
2. Always wash hands with soap and water after contact with animals or when caring for sick human relatives or soiled beddings.
3. Health care workers are strongly advised to practice universal precautions while handling patients and/or body fluids at all times.
4. Be familiar with the symptoms and maintain a high index of suspicion.
5. All suspected cases should be reported to the Local Government Area or State Disease Surveillance and Notification Officers SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>