|The kiosk where the incident happened|
Adom News reported the girl died after the kiosk she was sleeping in caught fire last Sunday at dawn. It was gathered that the fire might have been started by a lighted candle.
The Ghana National Fire Service, Legon branch, responded swiftly to the call and moved to the scene to control the fire from spreading to other adjoining structures.
Father of the deceased, Emmanuel Awotwi, told DAILY GUIDE that his daughter, Juliana, visited him that Saturday evening to spend some time with him.
“As a night security personnel at Atomic, I left the house in the evening for work, leaving my daughter alone in the house that night,” he underscored.
He said her daughter lighted a candle inside the wooden structure since they had no electricity supply in the area. In the wee hours of Sunday, he said, he received information that fire had engulfed his apartment and immediately rushed to see what had happened.
“When I went to the place, the whole area had been burnt and I saw my daughter burnt beyond recognition,” he narrated.
The charred body of Juliana was later taken away by personnel from the Kwabenya police station to the Police Hospital for preservation and autopsy.
Even though the father of the deceased indicated that his daughter lighted a candle in the wooden structure before he left for work, ASP Effia Tenge, the Accra Regional Police Public Relations Officer, said the police was waiting for the Fire Service to finish with its investigation. SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>