Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte eased the pressure on himself with a crucial 2-1 win over Tottenham on Sunday after a chaotic summer had thrown his future into doubt. But German magazine, Sport Bild say discussions about Conte's future have continued at board level and Chelsea director, Marina Granovskaia has decided Tuchel is the man to take over at Stamford Bridge.
According to Express UK, the report says Chelsea are attracted to his incorporation of young players and feel he would be a good fit at Stamford Bridge.
Conte's relationship with Granovskaia is said to be fractious after a summer spent complaining about transfer activity and the infamous text message sent to Diego Costa.
Tuchel, who would be keen on a move to Stamford Bridge, left Borussia Dortmund in May after two seasons following a falling out with the club. The 43-year-old left just three days after leading Dortmund to victory in the DFB-Pokal final.
Relations became strained after the bomb attack on the Dortmund team bus ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Monaco. Tuchel claimed he and the players had not been consulted about the decision to play the match just a day after the attack. And from there the relationship was difficult to recover.
Conte signed a new contract in July but crucially did not extend it - just enhancing his salary - meaning he has two years remaining. And, despite leading Chelsea to the title in his first year, has been noncommittal about whether he will stay long-term.
Reports surfaced last year claiming he was homesick and didn't see a long-term future in England. And Inter Milan made efforts to take him back to Italy before he eventually signed the new contract. THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ( FREE ) secret Fruits that Increased My Manhood size and Lasting Power in 7-days... CLICK HERE TO GET IT