The Blaugrana have met brick walls in their search for a replacement for Neymar, having bids for Coutinho and AS Monaco’s Ousmane Dembélé rejected.
However, Sky Sports is reporting that despite Jurgen Klopp reiterating the Coutinho situation has “100 percent not changed”, Barcelona will make a final fourth bid in hopes that their desperation could finally outweigh the Reds’ stubbornness.
BREAKING: @FCBarcelona preparing fourth bid of £138m for @LFC's Philippe Coutinho - Sky sources #SSN pic.twitter.com/bbmBqV83Uw— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 22, 2017
And they are ready with a fourth offer of £100m up front with add-ons of £36m — despite telling Liverpool they had made their final bid last week.
The extras involve £9m each time Barca qualify for the Champions League over the next four seasons — which is virtually guaranteed.
The last of those bids was reported to be worth £118 million (128.7 million euros, $151 million), but Liverpool have maintained their stance that the 25-year-old will not be sold in the current transfer window, which shuts at the end of August.
A back injury and a bout of sickness are keeping Coutinho out of action at present, but Klopp stressed that when he is fit enough to return, there will be no attempt to send him into exile as punishment.
“Of course, everything is okay between me and him. Absolutely. 100 per cent,” Klopp said on Tuesday.
Coutinho is yet to feature this term due to a back injury picked up in pre-season and will once again be unavailable when the Reds face Hoffenheim in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier at Anfield.
“He can’t start tomorrow because on top of that he’s now ill,” Klopp said.
“It will take time because he has not trained for a long time. I’ve no idea at this moment (when he will return), we would have to check when he is back.” PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How I TOTALLY Got Rid Of my POT BELLY,excess Fat and Overweight In just 2weeks.. Click HERE for Details.