The Bundesliga club rejected an initial bid from Barcelona last week for the 20-year-old, who was one of the stars of the season for the club in 2016-17, as the Liga giants seek to fill the void created by Neymar's exit to Paris Saint-Germain.
Speculation mounted that the France forward was Camp Nou bound after he missed training without permission on Thursday.
Dortmund are holding out for a bid of around €135 million for Dembele and on Sunday they have confirmed that he wouldn't be returning to squad training in the short-term future.
"Borussia Dortmund has decided to continue the suspension of the player Ousmane Dembele from first-team training until further notice," a club statement read.
"Our complete focus lies on having a on having a good preparation for our first Bundesliga match against Wolfsburg next week," sporting director Michael Zorc said.
"Of course, Ousmane Dembele has the opportunity to exercise individually apart from the group."
Dortmund had confirmed a bid for the 20-year-old from Barca had been rejected ahead of the weekend and said he'd be suspended for their DFB-Pokal clash against Rielasingen-Arlen on Saturday. PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How I Made Me =N=2.5 MILLION In 7 Days from 2 Common Product I Imported and how you can do the same. Click HERE FOR FREE Details right now Warning To Men: This 3 Foods Is Killing Your Erection. Click Here To Know Them Mr Kilanko Woke Up At About 12Midnight To Urinate. He Almost Fainted When He Just Couldn't Pee: ENLARGED PROSTATE!!! ANY MAN ABOVE 40 Shouldn't Wait For This Crisis! PREVENT Or SHRINK Your Enlarged PROSTATE Now! Click Here!