Here are 12 major events that shook the nation in his absence.
While Buhari was away,
- ASUU declared a nationwide strike
- Arewa youths issued a quit notice to Igbos to vacate the north.
- Notorious kidnapper Evans was arrested
- The leadership squabble in PDP was finally settled by the Supreme court
- The Nigerian senate wanted to make Saraki acting president while Osinbajo briefly went out of the country
- There was a widespread rumor about a coup to overthrow the president
- Saraki was acquitted by the Code of Conduct Tribunal
- Naira finally stabilized against the dollar
- Nnamdi Kanu was released from prison and started mobilizing support for Biafra
- Meningitis struck north Nigeria and thousands died
- Lassa fever resurfaced in parts of the country
- COAS Tukur Buratai issued a one-month ultimatum to the Nigerian army to capture Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau. The ultimatum was extended after a month. They are yet to capture him and the war against terrorist is still much alive