It was learnt that the deceased were electrocuted on Saturday when they got in contact with home appliances during a power surge.
The Public Relations Officer of the Niger State Emergency Management Agency, Ibrahim Hussaini, who confirmed the incident, said one of the deceased had been buried.
Hussaini said 10 other people injured in the incident were rushed to hospitals, adding that two of them were in critical conditions.
He said, “About 49 houses were affected in the incident which was suspected to have been caused by power surge resulting from contact between a 33KV line and a distribution line in the area.
“We have gone to the area to carry out assessment; and we can also confirm that two persons died.”
The Head, Public Relations and Media, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, Ahmed Shekarau, said the company had sent a fact-finding team to the community to know what happened.
In a text message, Shekarau added, “We will issue a detailed statement on the unfortunate incident after the report of the fact-finding team.” PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How I Made Me =N=2.5 MILLION In 7 Days from 2 Common Product I Imported and how you can do the same. Click HERE FOR FREE Details right now Warning To Men: This 3 Foods Is Killing Your Erection. Click Here To Know Them REVEALED!! Reduce Your Blood Sugar Level And Reverse Diabetics Within A Short Period Of Time. Click Here To See How Warning: Got Arthritis? 3 Simple Ways To Get Cured And Be Permanently Free From Joint Pains. Click Here To See Them Secret Fruits that increased my Manhood and makes me last 55 minutes+ all time - Click here to get it MIDNIGHT,Pressed Mr Kilanko Suddenly Couldn't Urinate. Shrink your Enlarged Prostrate Here! Click Here Now