Present at the meeting were all the governors of the six states in the south-west.
According to Vanguard, a reliable source claims the governors also assessed the disturbing issue of kidnapping particularly of school children in the region.
They agreed to look into the issue of creeks through which militants move captives.
Reports said the governors at the meeting acknowledged the Ekiti state government’s template in dealing with the menace of herdsmen to curb the incessant killings by cattle rearers.
The governors agreed to the following:-
1. That the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria (DAWN) should develop a revenue optimisation strategy for constituents states of the region.
2. That in order to improve food security of the region, DAWN should convey a regional agric summit to be held in Ibadan.
3. That approval is given for the establishment of Western Nigeria Export Development Initiative to drive the export potentials of the region.
4. That synergy of DAWN Commission, Oodua Group and critical stakeholders should develop a framework to drive the commercial and industrialization competitiveness of the region.
5. That a Committee be set up for the codification of our values and ethos as an instrument of Yoruba uniqueness to strengthen our identity and unity of purpose.
6. And finally, that this forum should be known henceforth as Western Nigeria Governors’ Forum”
Meanwhile, the ever busy Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway was blocked on Monday, July 24, by residents of Ozalla communities in Nkanu West local government area of Enugu state over Fulani herdsmen activities.
Reports have it that the mob action of the community paralysed vehicular movement in the area.
According to report, trouble started after the body of a Fulani herdsmen was recovered by his people.
Residents of the community were allegedly blamed for the death of the herdsmen.
In a counter allegation, residents of the community not only refuted killing the herdsmen but alleged that the Fulani herdsmen stormed their area and threatened to wipe them out.
SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: INFO@247NIGERIANEWSUPDATE.CO RECEIVE NEWS VIA OUR WHATSAPP, KINDLY TEXT +234 701 056 0394 TO ADD YOU CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NGNEWSUPDATE CLICK HERE TO JOIN MILLIONS AROUND THE GLOBE TO READ NEWS ON OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE RECEIVE INSTANT NEWS UPDATE VIA OUR BBM BROADCAST: D3EDEFDF PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>