19 Jul 2017

Nursing student injured in Makurdi gas explosion

A gas explosion at the Benue State School of Nursing and Midwifery in Makurdi has injured a 100-level student, Stella Mekiah.
Accident Scene

The principal of the school, Mrs Victoria Gusa, told our correspondent on Tuesday that the incident occurred on Sunday as Mekiah was cooking in her room in the hostel.

 According to the principal, the explosion occurred at the third floor of the hostel and was caused by faulty gas cylinder.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the fire burnt the ceiling and some items in the room before it was put out.

“Stella had returned from church and was preparing her lunch inside her hostel when the gas cooker exploded and burnt her severely.

“Her hair was burnt, as well as her abdomen.  She is at the intensive unit of the Federal Medical Centere, Apir. She lost a lot of fluid. Although she talks, it is incoherent,” the principal said.

 The state Deputy Governor, Benson Abounu, who visited the school, frowned at the situation where students cooked inside the hostel, saying, “This is highly unacceptable.”

Abounu also condemned the absence of a central dining hall at the institution and instructed the Commissioner for Health Mrs.  Cecilia Ojabo, to address “this anomaly.”

At the time our correspondent visited the federal medical center on Tuesday, officials of the hospital refused access to her.

Receive Instant News Update Via BBM: D3EDEFDF...Click HERE for Details.

Share your story with us:

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How I TOTALLY Got Rid Of my POT BELLY,excess Fat and Overweight In just 2weeks.. Click HERE for Details.

Warning To Men: This 3 Foods Is Killing Your Erection. Click Here To Know Them


For Instant Updates On Twitter Page @247NGNEWSUPDATE

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian