Today 26th july, 2017, the senate including the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and 97 Senators available for the amendment, were able to achieve some and others postponed to next day.
The laws to be amended include;
1. Authorization of expenditure
2. Devolution of Power
3. Financial Autonomy of State Legislature
4. Distributable account for LG's to have their own special account
5. Democratic Existence funding and tenure of LG council
6. State creation and boundary adjustment \
7. Immunity for legislators for Acts in Course of Duty
8. Political Parties and Electoral Matters : Time to conduct Bye Elections and Power to deregister
9. Presidential Assent
10. Time frame for submission of names of ministerial nominees
11. Submission of Ministererial Nominees with their Portfolios
12. 35% affirmative action for women as ministers
13. Submission of Commissioners Nominees with their Portfolios
14. Submission of names of office of commissioners shall be attached with portfolio
15. Appointment of Minister from the FCT
16. 35% Affirmative action for women as States Commissioners
17. Independent Candidacy
18. Change of names of some LG councils: Ebonyi, Oyo, Ogun, Pleateau and Rivers.
19. The Nigeria Police Force to become Nigerian Police @PoliceNG
20. Restriction of the tenure of President and Governor
21. Separation of Office of the Accountant-General
22. Separation of Office of the Attorney General from the Minister/Commissioner of Justice
23. Submissions from the Judiciary
24. Office of Auditor General to be included in first line chat of consolidated revenue.
25. Determination of pre-election matters.
26. Consequential Amendment on Civil Defence
27. Citizenship and indigeneship
28. Procedure for Overriding Presidential Veto in Constitutional Alteration
29. Removal of lawmaking power from Executive Arm.
30. Investment and Securities Tribunal
32. Reduction of Age for Election
More bills passed by the nigerian Senate
Watch video of today's voting and winnings by the senate in the house: