Murtala Muhammed International Airport
Another fire disaster was on Thursday morning, averted at Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, just few days after a heavy fire consumed some critical parts of the headquarters of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) in the same airport.
According to SaharaReporters, the departure hall of the international wing of the airport was engulfed in heavy smoke due to an electrical spark coming from an eatery at the airport pastry.
While speaking to a correspondent, a source close to the scene of the incident revealed that the spark occurred at 5:30a.m in the morning and it took the intervention of the firefighters from FAAN to extinguish the smoke.
The electrical department staff of the airport were also quickly called upon to check the source of the spark, but as at the time of publication, the reason for the spark could not be ascertained.
The heavy spoke enveloped most parts of the departure hall for several minutes until the firefighters used their fire extinguishers to put the smoke under control and prevented it from turning into another fire disaster.
“We just fear that this airport will eventually go up in flames one day as it happened to the administrative office of FAAN about two weeks ago. We can’t continue like this. I think something more urgent action needs to be taken by FAAN to prevent a calamity that is waiting to happen,” the source said.
The international wing of the Lagos airport has consistently been scrutinized for safety concerns, especially fires caused by faulty electrical wiring. THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>