Against all odds, polls, and projections, Donald Trump claimed victory in the presidential election Tuesday, delivering a speech at the Hilton Hotel in New York City on Tuesday to a cheering crowd of supporters.
The president-elect, addressing his supporters in New York pledged that he will be president for all Americans and that forgotten American will be forgotten no longer.
Below are quotes from his acceptance speech:
1. “Now it is time for America to bind the wounds of division, have to get together, to all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.”
2. “Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country. I mean that very sincerely.”
3. “Ours was not a campaign but an incredible and great movement. It is a movement comprised of Americans from all races, religions, backgrounds and beliefs”
4. “The forgotten American will be forgotten no longer.”
5. “We will begin the urgent task of working together we will begin the urgent task of rebuilding our nation and renewing the American dream”
6. “We will double our growth and have the strongest country.”
7. “I want to tell the world community that while we will always put America’s interests first, we will deal fairly with everyone, with everyone.”
8. “To be truly historic we have to do a great job, and I promise you I will not let you down.”
9. “And I can only say that while the campaign is over, our work on this movement is now really just beginning.”
10. “All people and all other nations. We will seek common ground, not hostility, partnership, not conflict.”
11. “America will no longer settle for anything less than the best. We must reclaim our country’s destiny and dream big and bold and daring.”
12. “No dream is too big, no challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.”