247 Nigeria News Update...Dedicated to keeping you updated on news in, around and about Nigeria. We give you news updates all round the clock.
Saturday, 12 November 2016
Must Read: Why You Should Eat Banana
Bananas are very nourishing to the human body, hence, the encouragement of consumption for proper functioning of the body system.
Bananas are not just for monkeys. They are packed with nutrients which help you to be in good health. There are many reasons why you should eat bananas every day. But, these are some them: (1) Bananas help to overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin – the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
(2) Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
(3) Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.
(4) Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
(5) Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
(6) Banana reduces swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
(7) Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
(8) High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognised by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
(9) Banana is rich in pectin. It aids digestion and gently removes toxins and heavy metals from the body. Also, it acts as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel.