247 Nigeria News Update...We give you news updates all round the clock.
15 Nov 2016
See The Hidden Reasons Why You Are Always Thirsty
Drinking a lot of water is very healthy to the body because our body is made up of about 70% of water so it needs water all the time.
But there could be other reasons why you feel parched all day long and you are always reaching out for a glass of water. Wondering why you are experiencing that.
These could likely be the cause;
1. When your diet has a lot of salt in it: Salt pulls water out of cells and forces the body to conserve as much water as possible, which is why you urinate less when you eat too much salt. The water-deprived cells send a chemical message to the brain asking for more water, and you start to feel thirsty.
2. When you stay too long in the sun: Staying in the sun for a long period of time could get you dehydrated.
3. You might have diabetes: Some people mistake dehydration for diabetes. With dehydration, your body wants to preserve liquids. With diabetes, the sugar is spilling and forcing you to urinate more often. Three signs of diabetes: excessive thirst, excessive urination, and blurred vision. If you’re experiencing all three, talk to your doctor about your concerns.
4. You have xerostomia, better known as dry mouth: Some rare conditions do cause dry mouth. When the saliva glands in the mouth don’t produce enough saliva, you may feel you need to drink more water to get rid of the feeling. If your feelings of dry mouth persist, visit your doctor for more information.
5. You are anemic: Your body relies on healthy blood cells to carry blood throughout the body. Mild anemia usually won’t cause excessive thirst, but if your condition worsens, you may feel thirsty as well as worn out.
6. During your period: During the great flood, you may feel the urge to suck up water like a shop vac. Don’t worry: It’s totally normal. Estrogen and progesterone levels can both affect fluid volume. Add to that blood loss from the cycle itself especially if your periods are on the heavy side and the result is a compensatory increase in thirst