A communique issued at the end of the meeting said deliberations focused on developing and agreeing on a common and integrated strategy of regional integration and economic development in Southwest Nigeria.
The meeting deliberated on the need for strong and implementable decisions that would put the Southwest Region back on the path of irreversible progress and resolved the following:
1. That the optimum interest of the Yoruba people should be the prime focus of the six state governments at all times, and that all politics within the region must henceforth be guided by the philosophy of politics of development.
2. That regional cooperation, synergy and economies of scale are critical to the development of the Region.
3. That good intentions are not enough unless backed by sincerity of purpose and commitment to action.
4. That the prosperity of any constituent part of the Region is ultimately negated if other parts are not similarly prosperous.
5. That political differences should no longer be a barrier to the economic development of the Region where the aggregate welfare of Yoruba people concerned. All the States consequently agreed to work together within the framework of a people-centred development strategy.”
Furthermore, a regime of continuity, regularity and urgency of interaction was canvassed and agreed upon by the meeting.
The States also agreed to jointly embark on collaborative programmes in areas of common interest that require immediate action in the region.
These include Security, Education, Transportation infrastructure (roads, rail and water transportation), Trade, Commerce, Agriculture and Sports. PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How I TOTALLY Got Rid Of my POT BELLY,excess Fat and Overweight In just 2weeks.. Click HERE for Details.