An 18-year-old Senior Secondary School Three pupil of Jesus College, Otukpo, Benue State, who was electrocuted in the school hostel, has been buried.
It was gathered that the victim, Godwin Ejeh, was buried on Friday in Owukpa in the Ogbadibo Local Government Area of the state.
Ejeh died on Thursday, October 6, while attempting to charge his mobile phone using a naked wire in the school hostel.
It was gathered that the deceased had climbed on one of the double bunk beds in the hostel with the aim of connecting the charger to a distribution box. However, his hand reportedly touched a naked wire, resulting in his electrocution.
The principal of the school, Mr. Ella Samuel, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone, said the incident happened when he was not in the school.
He said, “On the day of the incident, I was in the bank when I received a distress call that one of our students was electrocuted and had been taken to a hospital.
“I rushed to the hospital and learnt from the doctor on duty that the boy was brought in dead.
“It was after I left the hospital that I learnt that the boy wanted to charge his phone, but mistakenly touched a naked wire and got electrocuted.
“As soon as he fell, instead of his colleagues to alert teachers, they poured water on him and attempted to give him milk. When they discovered that his condition was beyond their control, they alerted one of the teachers who promptly rushed him to a private hospital.”
Samuel said the school management had banned the use of mobile phones in the school, adding that many parents, however, continued to buy phones for their children even when the school confiscated them.
The principal confirmed that Ejeh had been buried. PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How I TOTALLY Got Rid Of my POT BELLY,excess Fat and Overweight In just 2weeks.. Click HERE for Details REVEALED! The Amazing 2-in-1 SOLUTION That Will Make You SATISFY Your WOMAN In BED... And Last AN HOUR Plus. CLICK Here For DETAILED INFO!