3. Safinatu was 14 years old in 1966 when she met her husband, Buhari, for the very first time when the young major in the Nigerian Army paid a visit to the house of Safinatu’s father in the company of his friend, the late Major-General Shehu Musa Yar’adua (brother of Late President Umar Musa Yar’adua)
5. On the 19th of January, 1984, nineteen days after her husband had just become the country’s seventh head of state and as the wife of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Hajia Safinatu Muhammadu Buhari moved into the State House, Ribadu Road, Marina, Lagos State.
6. She was always quietly by her husband’s side but she concentrated almost all her energy on her children and making the home very comfortable and peaceful for the general. She never interferred with her husband’s official work and did not discuss national matters with him.
7. When it came to the traditional dishes, they were always personally prepared by the First Lady herself, assisted by aides. General Buhari loved to enjoy pepper soup made with mutton, chicken or fish.
8. As at the time her husband was overthrown, she had given birth to four children: Zulaihatu (now late), Magajiya-Fatima, Hadizatu-Nana and Safinatu Lami. They would also later have a fifth child, Musa (now late).
10. In 1998, she was diagnosed to be suffering from diabetes mellitus in Saudi Arabia. For eight years, she battled the disease and breathed her last on the 14thof January, 2006. She was 53. – KokoFeed
THINK YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE INTRESTED? SHARE THIS STORY USING ANY OF THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW ⬇ PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ( FREE ) secret Fruits that Increased My Manhood size and Lasting Power in 7-days... CLICK HERE TO GET IT Warning To Men: This 3 Foods Is Killing Your Erection. Click Here To Know Them